Scholarship for Psychology Majors
At Tender Hearts Child Therapy Center we are committed to giving back to the counseling community and promoting quality education of future professionals. We want to encourage college freshman who are interested in the field of psychology to take the first step towards becoming a Licensed Professional Counselor.
We are proud to give back to ambitious students through the Tender Hearts Missouri Psychology Scholarship! This annual Missouri Psychology Scholarship is awarded to one student based on merit.
Please review the eligibility requirements and application process for the Missouri Psychology Scholarship below. Remember to include:
• Your full name,
• Email address,
• Phone number and,
• Mailing address with your application submission.
The Missouri Psychology Scholarship recipient will receive the scholarship award within 30 days of the deadline. By participating, you are giving your consent for us to contact you via mail, email and/or phone. In addition, if you are the winner, you are giving us your express consent to use your name, college or college identification and your essay on this site and for any other promotional purposes. If you want us to use your photo, please send that in with your submission.
*For a list of past Missouri Psychology Scholarship winners, scroll to the bottom of this page.
Missouri Psychology Scholarship Award: $500
Application Deadline: Must be received by March 15, 2015
This Missouri Psychology Scholarship is available to all college freshman or high school seniors entering their first year of college and who are currently admitted to and enrolled to attend/attending a Bachelor’s degree program in psychology or a related field at a Missouri college or university.
How to Apply
Please write an essay on the question outlined below and provide us with proof of your current attendance at the college or university (for example, by including a letter of acceptance to your college or university). Your response should be between 800 to 1,500 words.
Submissions must be sent to us by either email or mail:
Tender Hearts Child Therapy Center
Attn: Stephanie Anderson
2909 Independence Street
Cape Girardeau, MO 63703
You are required to include the following information in your application:
• Your full name, address, and contact details including your phone number and email address.
• A statement of your current academic status, as well as evidence that you are currently enrolled to attend a college or university as described above. You may submit as evidence your acceptance letter to your college or university. You give us express consent to confirm your admission and attendance by contacting the college or university.
• Your essay as a Word document attachment. Essays in any other form will not be accepted.
2015 Essay Question
“Should Students with Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder be given extra help at school, such as an IEP or 504 plan?”
Tips for the Essay
1. Research the subject thoroughly.
2. Be original. Do not simply regurgitate what you have read from others. Do not plagiarize. It is grounds for immediate disqualification.
3. The essay will be judged on the quality of the writing and its persuasiveness. We will judge it objectively and without regard to a “right” or “wrong” position.
Prior Missouri Psychology Scholarship Recipients:
2015: Rachel D. Williams – Jackson High School – Jackson, Missouri
Check out Rachel’s Winning Essay!