Tender Hearts Child Therapy Center specializes in working with children, teens & their families to address a wide array of child and adolescent mental health issues, as well as a variety of parenting concerns. Our therapists strive to provide the best services available to children, teens & their families in our area and utilize Evidence-Based Treatments whenever applicable for a presenting problem.
For Adult or Marriage & Couples Counseling, read about our adult services at HeartlandCounselingCenter.com.
Issues We Frequently Address in Child, Teen & Family Counseling:
- Physical Aggression (biting, hitting, kicking, property destruction, cruelty to animals)
- Defiance and Anger Issues (temper tantrums, refusing to follow rules, cursing)
- Adjustment Issues (divorce, birth of sibling, starting a new school or daycare, blended families, parent getting remarried)
- School Problems (behavioral problems, poor grades, attention problems, social skills, bullies)
- Physical & Sexual Abuse
- Grief (death of a parent, grandparent, sibling, pet, or other close family member or friend)
- Loss (loss of parent due to military deployment, divorce, or incarceration)
- Anxiety (separation anxiety, social anxiety, shyness)
- Sleep Issues (nightmares, night terrors, bedtime routines, poor sleep habits)
- Communication issues (lack of open communication between teen and parents)
- Parent-Teen Relationship Issues (defiance, disrespect, refusal to follow household rules)
- Substance Abuse (alcohol, marijuana, other drug use)
- School Issues (poor grades, behavioral issues, issues with authority figures, poor attendance, peer pressure)
- Depression (withdrawal, relationship issues, poor social skills)
- Low Self-Esteem (poor body image, feelings of inadequacy)
- Anxiety (social anxiety, test anxiety)
- Eating Disorders (anorexia, bulimia, binging, purging)
- Parenting Skills (effective discipline, consistent consequences, household rules)
- Communication (open communication within families)
- Co-Parenting (adjusting to blended families, consistent expectations between households)
Therapists at Tender Hearts use a variety of treatment modalities, each specifically tailored to meet the needs of individual clients and their families. Therapists frequently use a combination of Individual Counseling and Family Counseling as needed to best address the needs of the individual child or teen and his or her family. Therapists frequently address parenting/discipline skills and other concerns within the family.